To ensure the conservation of the polar regions, especially the Antarctic continent, for the promotion of research, conservation and research collaboration between countries for the global well-being.
- To promote and develop national and international collaboration in research and conservation of the polar regions, especially in the Antarctic Continent.
- To sustain Malaysia’s presence in Polar research and strengthen research capacity in the area of global frontier sciences.
- To initiate and promote scientific research programmes in the Arctic and Antarctic regions and on the role of the Polar regions in the Earth system;
- To provide and manage funding through research grants, post-graduates studies and fellowship for R&D in the Polar regions for Malaysian scientists; and
- To develop Malaysian scientific capacity, specifically young scientists; to promote Antarctic science in the education system; and to disseminate Polar scientific information.