YPASM is introducing Berth Support to Antarctica to encourage Malaysian researchers to conduct their research activities in Antarctica through collaborations with any SCAR member countries during 2018/2019 Antarctic summer season.
2. Purpose of the Call
- YPASM seeks for application from Malaysian researchers to undertake field work at any of their collaborator’s research stations in Antarctica for the 2018/2019 Antarctic summer season.
- The application is ONLY open to all Malaysian researchers from universities participating in the YPASM Smart Partnership Initiative, namely Universiti Malaya (UM), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and International Medical University (IMU).
3. Offer details
YPASM will provide up to RM55,000.00 to fund the cost of field work including following categories;
- Return economy-class airfare from Kuala Lumpur to the collaborator’s country and/or any departure points to Antarctica;
- Subsistence expenses;
- Freight costs; and
- Rental of polar clothing for field use.
Applicants should complete and submit the following:
- Application Form with detailed budget;
- Project Proposal;
- Cover Note and Acceptance Letter– Collaborator’s Agreement to host the applicant in Antarctica; and
- CV of applicant.
5. Selection Criteria
- Applicants must already identified collaborator(s) and research stations in Antarctica
- Priority will be given to applicants having research projects with secured placement in collaborator’s research station in Antarctica.
- Field work must be committed during 2018/2019 Antarctic summer season only.
How to apply?
1. 2013/2014 | Click here for details
2. 2014/2015 | Click here for details
3. 2015/2016 | Click here for details
4. 2016/2017 | Click here for details
- Shoba Mary Thomas
- Dr. Siti Aqlima Ahmad
5. 2017/2018 | No recipient