Yayasan Penyelidikan Antartika Sultan Mizan (YPASM) provides fellowship opportunities especially for the young Malaysian scientists to pursue their research interests in Polar science. The main aim of this scheme is to facilitate the professional development and training of early career scientists in Polar Regions research
This fellowship allows researchers to undertake short-term visits to major international laboratories, field facilities, and/or institutes in or operated by SCAR member countries, so as to become acquainted with recent advances in research and/or to develop long-term scientific links and partnerships. The work must be carried out in a research group of a SCAR member country other than Malaysia.
YPASM Fellowship is designed to:
- Encourage active involvement of early career scientists in Antarctic and/or Arctic scientific research;
- Nurture local human resource development in polar research; and
- Build new connections and networking with established researchers and experts in polar science.
3. RESEARCH PRIORITY AREAS
All science and policy research related to the Polar Regions in the field of biology, ecology, geology, oceanography, glaciology and atmospheric science.
4. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The YPASM Fellowship Scheme is for PhD students, or those within five (5) years of having completed PhD on the day of the deadline for application, to undertake research at an institute in one of the SCAR member countries other than Malaysia.
- Applicant should not be more than 40 years old as of March 2018;
Currently a PhD student or within 5 years of completing PhD;
- Projects must be related to scientific research in Polar Regions;
- Applicant will only be allowed to hold one YPASM Fellowship at any one time;
Will be visiting a facility/laboratory in or run by a SCAR Member country other than Malaysia;
- Application is open to Malaysian researchers from universities participating in YPASM Smart Partnership initiative (UM, UiTM, USM, UMS, UKM, UPM, UMT and IMU)
How to apply ?
|Application Form|| Cover Note 1
||Cover Note 2|
Fellowship Recipients (2017/2018) | Click here for details
- Dr. Faradina Merican Sidik Merican,USM
Fellowship Recipients (2016/2017) | Click here for details
- Dang Nguk Ling
Fellowship Recipients (2015/2016) | Click here for details
- Yew Wen Chyin, UM
- Dr. Mai Chun Wai, IMU
Fellowship Recipients (2014/2015) | Click here for details
- Dr Sazlina binti Md Salleh, USM - Fellowship Report
- Yew Wen Chyin, UM - Fellowship Report
- Leelatulasi Salwoom, UPM - Fellowship Report
- Jacqueline Yong Sheau Ting, UMS - Fellowship Report
Fellowship Recipients (2012/2013) | Click here for details
- Dr Chong Chun Wie, IMU - Journal Publication 2015 and Journal Publication 2016
- Ms Abiramy Krishnan, UM
- Dr Wan Mohd Rauhan Wan Hussin, UMT - Fellowship Report and Journal Publication